Representing The Next Generation of Pet Food Manufacturers
Next Generation Pet Food Manufacturers Association represents nutritionally defensible™ pet food and treat manufacturers, those who
- use food ingredients as defined by 21 USC 321(f) (“food” means … articles used for food or drink for man or other animals) and
- do not violate 21 USC 342(a)(5) with adulterants (“A food shall be deemed adulterated…if it is, in whole or in part, the product of a diseased animal or of an animal which had died otherwise than by slaughter”) .
Our members are passionately committed to providing pet parents with pet food options that go beyond what is typically represented on the grocery aisle. Among our diverse roster of members:
- 50% make a human grade pet food
- 52% make a raw pet food
- 52% make a cooked food for pets
- 26% sell via mail order
- 13% are direct-to-consumer delivery
- 35% are regional companies
- 65% are national companies
- 8% make a dehydrated pet food
- 8% make freeze dried pet food
As you can see, Next Gen PFMA membership is quite diverse. What unites the companies we represent is their proud commitment to manufacture nutritionally defensible™ pet food options. Click here to learn more about joining us!